Return to the village, to the homeland. Now that the weather is starting to get wilder, I wanted a food that was stronger in taste, and heavier depending on the clouds that had gathered λοιπόν Chickpeas with beef, a traditional dish that I often found in Kos. A perfect combination of tomato and beef chickpeas that melts in the mouth, produces a honeyed, wonderful result. So today we will have food !!! So we start making our food. Turn on the oven slowly, so that when the hull is inserted it is ready….
- 1 k spalomite or scallop cut into pieces
- 500 g chickpeas soaked from the previous day
- 2 large dried onions
- 4 cloves garlic cut into slices
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 g ripe tomatoes or a pack of crushed tomatoes
- 100 g of red wine
- 1 kg sugar
- 1 kg of cumin
- 1 large sliced tomato
- 200 g of olive oil
- Salt-pepper-a little flour for powdering
- Pour a little olive oil in a saucepan. Add the beef pieces after we have first powdered them with flour. We shield them from all sides.
- Remove the meat to a plate and add the onion pulp and sauté.
- Add the garlic, then the meat, and simmer with wine, let the alcohol go for a while and add the tomato, salt, pepper, cumin, and a little hot water, lower the heat and let the meat simmer for about half an hour.
- While our meat is boiling, strain the chickpeas (optionally, rub them with 1 kg of soda, and rinse them very well).
- Pour the chickpeas in the hull, and add a little olive oil everywhere. Mix the olive oil with the chickpeas and then take the meat, place it in the hull and pour the rest of the sauce into the chickpeas. Add hot water if necessary (chickpeas and meat should be covered.) Take the sliced tomato and place it around the hull.
- We cook our food at 180The for 1 ½ hour, stirring at intervals carefully so as not to burn the meat or chickpeas, us.
- It is ready when the chickpeas are cooked, and our meat is very soft. Serve hot, adding a little raw olive oil.