Turkish delight lamb, with melted slices and tomatoes, with aromatic herbs and wrapped in vine leaves. A food that will be unforgettable, both for its aromas and taste but also for how easily and quickly we will prepare it. Roll up your sleeves, and go to the kitchen to cook!
- A bony lamb leg (ask your butcher) around 2-2 λά kg
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 peeled tomato
- 20 leaves of scalded vine leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 kg of oregano
- 2kg rosemary
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Salt Pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 sheets of foil
- 2 sheets of oil glue
- Spread the foil sheets, and put the oil glue sheets on top. Then spread the vine leaves (if they are canned, rinse them well to soak them) in a row so that one presses on the other and no gaps are created.
- Then we spread the lamb and spread it as openly as possible (our butcher will have hit us with the bat). In a blender, cut the onion into chunks, put the garlic, the rosemary, the oregano, the wine and a little olive oil and beat them to create a pulp. Spread the pulp on our lamb
- Then we spread our crushed feta and our peeled tomato in thin slices
- Carefully wrap our lamb and then tighten the roll at the edges so that it is created like a big candy.
- Bake our lamb in the oven at a temperature of 180The for about 2 hours.
- Before removing it, pierce it with a toothpick. The zoumaki that will run must be transparent in its color.
- Take it out of the oven and leave it for 10 minutes without the oil paste and the foil, to cool slightly and tighten.
Then cut it into slices and serve.
- You can prepare the roll the day before if you expect decent, and keep it in the fridge. The next day you just put it in the oven.
- You can change the cheese, and put kefalotyri, or gruyere, or Metsovo etc