A wonderful dish, very tasty, that combines the aromas of vegetables with lamb, and the wonderful Metsovo cheese binds the whole set where it produces a unique result. It is worth cooking it and presenting it at a formal table, or a Sunday meal, and everyone will congratulate you on the meal.
- 4 eggplant flasks
- 1 handful of lamb cut into pieces
- 6 zucchini
- 3 red peppers
- 3 green peppers
- 500 gr Metsovo cheese
- 1 crushed tomato
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1 κ σ πελτές
- 2 dried onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Or white wine
- 4 large sliced potatoes
- Olive oil
- We start with the lamb. Wash it and put it in a pot to boil it. After boiling, rinse. Saute the meat in a saucepan, then add the onion, garlic, the pulp with the spices (cinnamon, cloves, allspice). Quench with the wine, add the tomato, a little sugar and hot water and let it simmer for about 40 minutes.
- While we wait for our lamb to be made, we prepare the aubergines. Cut them in half lengthwise, carve them, oil them and season with salt and pepper. We put them in our oven until they soften (you depend on the size of the eggplant). Then cut our vegetables (zucchini carrot peppers) into thin strips and bake them in the oven or fry them.
- Then, after 40 minutes of simmering, transfer our lamb to the oven, where we add our potatoes and leave it for another 40 minutes or so.
- At this time, while we wait, we take the aubergines, we press them lightly with the spoon to open a hole in them. Add a piece of Metsovo cheese.
- Once our lamb comes out (and it will be ready, soft) we take it and pluck it in small pieces or chop it finely. Add a good amount of lamb in the hole above the cheese, then add sauce, and top with sliced vegetables. Put our aubergines in the oven, and place a slice of tomato on top. Sprinkle with grated Metsovo cheese (as much as is left over from the pieces we put in, we grind it, and put the pan in the oven until our aubergines are granulated.
- Serve hot with the potatoes and pour over the sauce. Wonderful!!!!