A really wonderful dish, low in cost, with many aromas, that we can make at a festive table, or at our Sunday table. You can also make it just as delicious with lamb chops
- 1 ½ lamb breasts or ribs
- 5 sliced potatoes and lightly sautéed.
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 green peppers cut into chunks and lightly sautéed.
- 2 dry onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp sliced garlic
- Or white wine
- 1 crushed tomato
- 1 κ σ πελτέ
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Spice-oregano-sugar-salt-pepper-clove powder
- Boil the pieces of lamb and rinse well.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté all the pieces of lamb for 3 minutes. Then remove them from the pot and in the same pot sauté the onion, garlic, carrot and spices. Then quench with wine and add the tomato, lamb and pulp dissolved in water. Add salt-pepper and sugar and let it simmer for 1-1 1 hour (depending on how big our pieces are, etc.) while we wait for our lamb to be made, prepare the potatoes and peppers by sautéing them.
- When our lamb is done, in a hull we spread the potatoes evenly on the bottom of the hull, then we place the pieces of lamb, we pour over the sauce and at the end on top with the peppers.
- Put it in the oven until golden brown.
- we do not sauté the pulp over here because we do not want our sauce to bind. We want it juicy to make our vegetables and potatoes zucchini.
-We do not sauté our lamb for a long time to keep its juices and not to get lost in the sautéing so that it leaves the taste in the simmer.
-We take care of the simmering of our lamb to have liquids. If necessary, we only add boiling water so that the boiling does not stop and our meat tightens.