For the most perfect caramelized onions, delicious, aromatic !!
- 2-3 dried onions cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons butter (or seed oil during fasting periods)
- 1 cup red sweet wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 asteroid anise
- The secret to the most perfect caramelized onions is the very slow slow sautéing.
- Melt our butter over low heat and add our onions and sauté them, stirring gently.
- These will start to drain. Check often and stir.
- When they have withered and almost lost their liquid, we add the wine, the sugar and the asteroid anise.
- Let them simmer until the wine covers our onions
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Our caramelized onions can stay in the fridge for about a week.