An excellent meze for tsipouro and ouzo or our wine.
Accompanied with toasted bread with a lot of olive oil and chopped onion.
In its glories in times of fasting and in the taverns of Meraklidia as an appetizer
- Half a kilo of Evia beans
- 1 large onion
- 1 carrot cut
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 spices
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- We put the beans to swell from the previous day. The beans need to stay in the water for at least 15 hours.
- The next day we rinse them and remove the black they have.
- I put them in a pot to boil and for about 20 minutes I skim them constantly. Once the foam is gone, add the onion, carrot, bay leaf and allspice and pepper and let it simmer for about an hour and a half (depending on how soft it is). Just before I take them out, I add the salt.
- Mash together with the onion and carrot until it becomes a tight puree.
Serve with enough olive oil and onion or capers with spring onions
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.