This season has a lot of orange! We make all the preparations we have with orange… cakes, liqueurs, desserts, cookies and much more… Today we will see juicy orange slices, easy, very popular, delicious, as the chocolate with the orange ties perfectly, and the walnut with the cinnamon… will take it off! So let's see !!!
- 750 g small orange peels
- 750 g of crystallized sugar
- 350 g of natural orange juice
- 200 g of water
- 1 kg chopped cinnamon
- 250 g chocolate couverture
- Lemon drops
- Half a walnut for each slice
- We choose our smallest and thinnest oranges. We wash them thoroughly, and then with a knife we scrape our oranges all over their surface. Be careful !!! We do not cut or injure them, but we scratch them. Then we will boil the oranges in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Then remove the oranges from the pot, empty the water, and put new water again where we will repeat this process two more times. We do this respectively with the dessert spoon, so that their skin peels and softens.
- Then we take our oranges, remove the two ends, and cut beautiful equal slices of one centimeter. Then with the tip of a knife we remove the stones from our oranges (if they have, because usually the small oranges do not have stones).
- Then in a saucepan put the juice (after we have previously drained it) with the sugar and water and 1 kg of cinnamon. Carefully add the orange slices and let them simmer until the syrup sets.
- Then I drip a few drops of lemon in the syrup (so as not to sugarize us) and I will let the slices in the syrup stretch as needed and become super juicy, all night. The next day I carefully remove the orange slices and put them on a plate with oil paste underneath and put them in the fridge to cool to tighten and thus close all the syrup inside. When my slices have cooled well, melt the couverture and dip the slices one by one until the middle. Then I place them in a grease gun and stick half a walnut on it. I put my oranges in the fridge to cool. I remove them from the oil paste and put them on my plate to offer them.