Fokatsia is a type of pie-bread, made in Italy. We would say that it is the ancestor of pizza. It is essentially a crumbly bread with different ingredients on its surface. In the old days when there was poverty, housewives used to make seals with what they had in the fridge. We will see seals with vegetables, with potatoes, with onions, with tomatoes, with olives; after all, they had material available. They almost always put herbs in to make it taste better, such as rosemary, oregano, thyme, etc. Here we will see a simple seal with our favorite mushrooms and peppers. It is delicious, filling, and we can make it during fasting periods.
- For our dough
- 440 gr flour 00
- 1 lens dry yeast
- 2 kg sugar
- 220 g of lukewarm water
- 1 kg of salt
- Or red pepper cut into squares
- Or green pepper cut into squares
- 3 sliced porto belo mushrooms
- We start with our dough. In a little lukewarm water mix the yeast and sugar. We are waiting for it to be activated. In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt. Then add the activated yeast and water to the flour. We work our dough until our dough becomes soft. Let it rest for 1- ½ hour (it depends on the room temperature).
- While our dough rests, we prepare our ingredients. Chop the peppers and mushrooms.
- Then we open our dough in a pan with a diameter of 30 cm and add the mushrooms and peppers.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180The degrees for about 50΄- 60΄ minutes until it gets colored.
-we can add other materials if we have