Delicious recipe with a velvety tomato sauce. Greek summer is connected with certain flavors and scents. And this dish is a typical one for an original Greek summer. By the sea, under the sun, with a glass of ouzo, together with good friends, and of course good food. And when it comes to food next to the sea, shrimp saganaki is an excellent choice. Fresh shrimps, rich tomato sauce made from fresh summer tomatoes, and cheese that melts and gives extra flavor.
- First of all we start ti make our bisque.
- Then, in a pan, pour a little olive oil, add the onion and garlic, then the shrimps and sauté lightly. Then simmer with ouzo and let the sauce boil with the shrimps for 1 minute. Remove the shrimps on a plate and cover. Put the tomato and bisque in the pan, along with a little oregano, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Continue to boil the sauce for another 5 minutes until our sauce becomes velvety. Add the shrimps and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add the feta cheese and let it get one last boil,
- Serve with a little more feta cheese on top, a little bit of olive oil, and sprinkle with fresh oregano and thyme.