Let's make wonderful shrimp, fried in batter, and accompany them with a sweet and sour chili sauce.
- 120 g flour loaf
- 240 g of very cold water
- 50 g corn flour
- 1 egg +1 egg white
- ¼ kg salt
- ¼ kg sweet paprika
- 8 large shrimps cleaned, without head, without their young, and then dry well with absorbent paper.
- Seed oil for frying
- Mix the flour with the salt, the paprika and the corn flour. Beat the egg yolk with the ice water and add it to the flour. Beat the egg whites and add them as well. Mix very well until it becomes a homogeneous cream.
- Take the shrimp with a pair of tweezers from the tail, dip it in the porridge, and then in the hot oil. Hold it for a few seconds, then let it fall into the oil. In this way they become rotators like a crescent. If we want them to be straight, when we clean them, we cut them with small incisions in 4-5 points inside and outside the body of each shrimp (like an accordion) so that when we spread them they will be stretched straight. We continue the process I mentioned above.
- Once they get a golden pink color, take them out and place them on absorbent paper.
Accompany them with sweet and sour chili sauce
-The water should be very cold, so as not to burden the batter in the pan
-shrimp should be as dry as possible to stick the batter better on
-The oil should be hot so that the shrimp do not "boil" and become in the oil.
Sweet and sour chili sauce
- 500 g of water
- 80 g soy sauce
- 1 garlic very finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g brown sugar
- 1 kg of flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 4 chopped chili peppers
- in the nose salt
Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir over low heat to simmer. Our sauce is ready when it has become viscous