Favorite dish that everyone likes.
- 8-10 shrimp medium or large
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 sc garlic
- 1 shot of ouzo
- 400 g of fresh grated tomatoes without the peel and seeds
- 2 kg chopped basil
- 500 g pasta of your choice
- We start with the shrimp. We clean the body from the shell and leave the head. Remove the small intestine on the back and wash them thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and sauté our onion. then sauté the shrimp for 1 minute only on both sides just enough to change their color.
- Quench with ouzo and after letting the alcohol evaporate, remove our shrimp and add the grated tomatoes and let the sauce simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering, we have boiled the spaghetti, which we boil for almost half of the time that the packaging says. When the sauce is glazed, we take the spaghetti that we still have in the water and with a fork we throw them in the sauce together with the dripping water, and the shrimp. Simmer all together for 3-4 minutes until the sauce is glazed. Just before the end, add chopped basil and serve immediately.
-Our shrimp should not be boiled for more time because they dry and become harder like rubber.
-cook the spaghetti for less time than what is written on the package so that when you put them in the sauce they absorb all the flavor
-you can replace ouzo with wine if you want and basil with parsley.
-the shrimp should be stored in the refrigerator in a colander with a wet towel in the refrigerator. Shrimp are fragile so it would be good to eat the same day, because otherwise it starts to turn black. If they are fresh and you want to put them in the freezer, you should put them in a double bag so that the ice does not burn. If you still want to thaw them not in water but let them thaw on their own in a pan slowly in the fridge