The ultimate meze for ouzo tsipouro wine etc. It is not missing from any Greek table, and it is a wonderful accompaniment for our legumes or our seafood !!!
Easy and fast, to have it in our fridge for the snack of our moment!
- 1 kg of anchovies
- 200 g semi-coarse salt (root)
- 400 g apple cider vinegar
- Seed oil
- 2 grated carrots
- 3-4 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 1 hot pepper
- Fresh herbs (celery - parsley etc)
- We take a small fish and place our thumb where the intestines are in the abdomen. With the other fingers we grab the head and pull towards the tail, together with the bone. Remove, taking care not to split our fish in two.
- Rinse the anchovies with water.
- In a pan, pour coarse salt. Then place the anchovies on top filleted with the opening facing up. After laying the first layer, salt well and continue until the fillets and salt are finished. Then cover with cling film and leave in the refrigerator for about 12-16 hours.
- Then rinse the anchovies from the salt and put it back in the pan and cover it with vinegar and leave it in the fridge for about 6 hours.
- Our fillets will notice that they have changed color and become much whiter.
- In a clean bowl, remove the anchovies from the vinegar and place them in layers together with the garlic, the carrot and the celery. Cover with a little oil and leave in the fridge for 2-3 eggs.
- Serve with the rest of our snacks at the table