A wonderful winter dessert, which we can enjoy on its own, but also on sweets, tarts, yogurt, ice cream and in many other preparations. The sugar depends on how sweet our pomegranates are. So easy dessert and dear to all of us!
- 1 kg of pomegranate seeds cleaned
- 600 g of sugar
- 600 g of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 pcs star anise
- A little lemon juice
- We wear disposable gloves and an apron, and in a plastic bowl we take the pomegranates cut in half and hit them on top with a wooden spoon so that the seeds fall out. We thoroughly clean them of the white fibers and drain them.
- Put the pomegranate seeds, sugar, cinnamon and star anise in a saucepan and simmer them for ten minutes and a quarter. It doesn't take long because the seeds melt. cover the pot and leave it in the fridge for a day so that the pomegranates can extract all their moisture.
- The next day, boil our dessert for another ten minutes with a little lemon juice, until our syrup sets.
- We put our dessert in sterilized jars and when we open it we keep it in the fridge