Visit to my cousin Eleni, who is both an aunt and a friend, and and and… is one of the people you go to… and you say… ooooo… here I am, we relax and say ..our "OURS". We have lemons… let's make a sweet lemon, for company in our endless conversations, for our coffees, for our sweets for για.
- 1 kg and some lemon peels
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 tbsp glucose
- 800g water
- We take our lemons which are thick-skinned (organic or whole). We wash them, and with a peeler and take the top (yellow)
- We keep this if we want it for lemonade or we can pass it through a grater and keep the zest in the freezer for other uses.
- Carve the white part vertically into four parts. Peel it carefully, taking only the skin and not the flesh inside.
- We turn them into rolls and dry them with a toothpick.
- Put them in the pot to boil, and to separate. We do this process 3 times. Leave each water for about 5 minutes.
- After we finish the process, we put the water, the sugar, the glucose in the pot and we carefully add our lemons. Boil it until the syrup sets (around 45 minutes).
- Place it in sterile jars, and turn them upside down until they cool.
When we open the jar we keep them in the refrigerator.