Wonderful unique sweet mushroom with such a delicate taste combined with the aroma of Chios mastic that will leave the best reviews to those who try it
- 700 g mushrooms (beetles)
- Or kilos of sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 kg Chios mastic in powder
- We choose the smallest beetles for our sweet. To look like tiny bites.
- Wash them thoroughly and boil them for 2 minutes in boiling water.
- After draining them well, place them on absorbent paper to remove all the water.
- In a saucepan pour the water with the sugar. Once the sugar has boiled and melted, add our mushrooms and let them simmer for about 40-45 minutes. Once the time has passed, remove it from the heat and add the lemon.
- Let it cool. The next day we put it again, adding the mastic powder until the syrup sets.
- Put it in a jar as it is hot and close the lid.
- While boiling, skim our dessert
- We can flavor it with vanilla or some other flavor as long as it does not have a strong aroma and hoods the delicate aromas of the mushroom.