A special dessert, which we make from small aubergines that have not had time to germinate. We choose to have all the same size, and that is tender.
- 1 kg of eggplants
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla
- Cloves (cloves)
- 1 kg sour
- Juice of a juicy lemon + Or juice for the end
- We clean our aubergines from the stalks and wash them very well.
- Place them in cold water with the juice of one lemon and the sour. Leave them for 2-3 hours covered with a plate for weight.
- Then take them out, rinse them and put them in the pot with cold water. Let them boil for 5 minutes and then change the water. We repeat the same process again.
- When we change the last water, we leave them in the colander, and one by one we squeeze them slightly, (be careful not to break them) to get rid of the water that they have kept inside. Then nail two cloves to each.
- Pour the sugar in the pot with 1 νερό glass of water. Add the cinnamon and let it boil for about 5 minutes. Add the aubergines and let them simmer for another 10 minutes. Set aside the pot and leave our dessert for 24 hours.
- The next day, bring to a boil until the syrup sets, adding lemon juice and vanilla. At this point you can optionally add roasted almond or walnut.
- Then put it as it is hot in sterile jars. Close them and turn them upside down until they cool.