Who does not remember his childhood without a mosaic? Since the time when mom made it, our mind was when to go and eat it? That he put it for us after the meal or in the afternoon after the game… that when mom was away from the kitchen to the thieves we cut a piece to eat !!! Who does not remember as a treat in the houses where we ate it and with ice cream at best? Such joy!!! We licked our fingers (and the plate of course) and waited for them to tell us - do you want another piece? - to meet again with another piece !!!!!
We will find this dessert in variations… and I have come across infinities… but the base… the authentic one that our moms made for us is one and only !!!
- 1 packet of petit four cookies
- 250 butter (vitamin)
- 200 g powdered sugar (you can if you want it sweeter add 30-50 g more)
- 50 g of cocoa
- 1 shot of brandy
- 100 g crushed walnut or hazelnut
- Melt the butter in a bowl, add the sugar and stir until it melts.
- Add the cocoa, the coarsely chopped walnut and the brandy.
- Put the cookies in a clean bag and beat them with the rolling pin to break them into pieces.
- Add them to the bowl and mix well.
- In a cake pan, place oil paste and place the cake inside, spreading it evenly.
- Put it in the fridge for 3 hours to tighten.
- Once tight, unmold it and cut it into slices and serve. Have fun !!!!
We can also put it in the oil paste and wrap it by sealing the two ends round. That is, to become like candy.
When it freezes, unroll it and cut it into round slices (that is why it is also called salami)