Easy and fast delicious sweet tomato, which I made with acorn tomatoes. I tried to put brown sugar and it turned out great. So the syrup got a wonderful caramel color and my cherry tomatoes became like shiny oils !!
- 1 kg cherry tomatoes acorns
- 1 kg of brown sugar
- Or a cup of brown lemon
- 1 kg grated Chios mastic
- 200 gr pistachio
- Put our tomatoes in a pot of boiling water. Leave them for a while to soften the crust.
- Take them out of the water and let them warm up (so as not to burn).
- With a knife, take the eye out of the tomato, chew it lightly to remove its seeds. Then peel it. We continue with all our cherry tomatoes the same process.
- Put the sugar with the Chios mastic in a saucepan after we have mixed it with the sugar in 2000 gr of water to boil. Add our tomatoes and let them simmer for about 3 quarters.
- Then with a slotted spoon we remove our tomatoes and let the syrup set and add the pistachio.
- Once the syrup has set, add our tomatoes with the lemon and simmer for about a quarter.
- Let it cool well, and the next day give it another boil.
- Once you finish the process while it is still hot, put the dessert in the jars up to the top with its syrup, close them and turn them upside down so that the air leaves (since we do not have preservatives). Once they cool, turn them normally.
- If you open a jar, keep it in the refrigerator.