Sweet orange can be found in many ways.
A sweet with a lot of aroma but also with many ways of use.
- 1 kg of orange peels (white)
- 750 -800 g sugar
- 1 tbsp. glucose
- 800 g of water
- After we clean the outer casing (the orange) from the outside (we keep it if we want for orange liqueur), we carve the white part into 4-6 pieces.
- If we want rolls, we wrap them and fasten them with a toothpick.
- Boil them for 5 minutes in a saucepan to separate. We do this process 3 times,
- After we finish this process, we put the sugar, the glucose, the water and the rolls in the pot and we simmer them for about 45 minutes until our syrup sets.
We follow the same procedure if we want to have our orange sliced.
We take care to cut our slices between the membrane. When boiling, do not stir it so that our flesh does not dissolve.