Lenten dish, which we will meet all year round because we love it. Aromatic light healthy delicious, traditional and very easy but also fast.
- 1 kg of squid
- 300 g yellow rice
- 2 dried onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 κ σ πελτές
- Or box of crushed tomatoes
- Or matte dill
- Or matte parsley
- Vegetable broth
- Or white wine
- Salt Pepper
- Olive oil
- We start with the squid. We wear gloves and after cleaning them, removing the bone and the ink. Cut it lightly from the bottom so that the water passes and is thoroughly rinsed of foreign bodies (sand, etc.)
- We cut our squid into thick slices and their tentacles in the middle lengthwise.
- Rinse them and place them in a colander. Then place olive oil in a casserole dish. Once heated, add the onion, then the garlic, the pulp, the squid (after it has drained very well) and sauté it until it changes color. Then quench with wine, add the tomato, and a little broth and let the squid simmer.
- After the squid boil, I calculate the liquids and add the rice with the corresponding liquids (broth) that are missing.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes and then towards the end add a little mint, parsley and dill, remove from the heat, cover the pot until the rice absorbs all its liquids.
- Serve with olive oil, freshly ground pepper, and sprinkle with parsley.
- skip the pulp if you want if you like your food not too red.
-You can also extinguish your food with ouzo and instead of a little mint at the end you can add a little fennel. It will give another flavor to your dish.
-the squid can be prepared from the previous day by leaving them cleaned and cut in a colander with a plate under the refrigerator and covered with a clean wet towel on top.
-If you cut the wheels thinner, pay attention to the boiling time
-remove the pot from the fire when small holes appear on the surface. We calculate the broth that we will throw in the pot, together with the liquids that already exist, it is one part of rice and three the broth.