A classic sweet that we will find in Kimi. We serve it in joys but also in a treat. So during a visit to Stavroula, he taught me a lot about this sweet. Accompanied by coffee and stories, we made wonderful Kymi coconuts where we served them for a birthday treat, and they were appreciated by the old ones and impressed the new ones !!! The process is not difficult at all…. I would say the creation technique is more time consuming, since they are like stars. Let's see the steps.
- 1 kg grated walnut
- Or kilos of sugar
- Or kilos of water
- ½ κ γ cinnamon
- ½ κ γ grated cloves
- 20 drops of flower water
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- Powder (optional)
- In a saucepan, boil the sugar with the water to "bind" (about 20 minutes)
- When the syrup has cooled, add 20 drops of flower water. In a large bowl, add the grated walnuts, the cake, the cloves and the cinnamon. Stir to incorporate well.
- Then pour the syrup into the nut. Stir and reach a point where it can stand in the mold.
- We shape them in the traditional shape, and bake them for 10΄-15΄ minutes, at 180The.
- Once they come out, wait for a while for the very temperature to go away, and then optionally dip them in powder.
-if we have time we leave them to dry on their own waiting for a day (and not to bake them)
-flour is optional. They are served with or without icing, depending on the occasion.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO STAVROULA MYLONA FOR HER VALUABLE HELP FOR THE TRADITIONAL SWEETS AND FOOD OF OUR DOG.