Wonderful Greek dish that we will find in every corner of our Greece. Depending on the place, we put in his own feta and yogurt. Every corner of Greece ΄ produces all the ingredients of this dish with our grandmothers as the first heroes who made unique delicious noodles and made this dish so special since they put in the raw material they made. Feta, eggs, noodles, yogurt… mint from the garden, married with aromatic ouzo meatballs
For ouzo meatballs:
- 250 g minced beef double-crossed
- 250 g minced pork double passed
- 2 thick slices of stale bread
- 2 small onions passed in the grater
- 1 small ripe tomato without peel and seeds passed in the grater
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 shot of ouzo (50 ml)
- ½ matte mint fresh chopped
- 1 k dry mint
- Salt Pepper
For the sauce
- 1 kg butter
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 250 g feta cheese grated on the grater with the big hole
- 100 g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 200 g of yogurt
- Optional 100 g sour milk
- Freshly ground pepper
We will also need
- 500 gr homemade noodles
And mizithra those who are lovers of cheese !!!
- We start by adding the vinegar and ouzo to the minced meat first. Shape it well to fluff the minced meat. Then add the grated onion together with its liquids and knead lightly. Then we add all the other ingredients, knead very well and cover our bowl with a film and place it in the fridge for an egg. This will integrate the aromas and flavors.
- Preheat your oven to 180The and we spread an oil paste in our pan.
- We shape our meatballs into small pieces (about 3cm) and bake them in the heating elements, so that they are sweetly cooked, and do not dry with the air.
- While they are cooking, we start our sauce. Put the butter and cream cheese in a saucepan and stir until it starts to melt. Then add the cream cheese and the grated feta. Stir until our ingredients are homogenous and add the sour milk if desired. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and add the yogurt, mint and add freshly ground pepper, and the meatballs inside. Put it on the eye only for 1 minute just to get warm.
- Boil our noodles and serve hot.
- At the base of the dish we put plenty of mizithra for those of us who like plenty of cheese, noodles and at the end ouzo meatballs with feta sauce. Just a dream! Try it !!!