Who has not tried the wonderful rooster wine with the noodle accompaniment or the thick spaghetti? Full of aromas and taste reminiscent of a village! So let's cook a favorite traditional recipe
- 1 rooster around 1 ½ -2 kg cut into pieces
- Or chopped noodles
- Or olive oil
- 3 kg dry chopped
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2-3 cups of tomato paste
- 3 ripe peeled tomatoes passed in the grater
- Or a glass of red wine
- 200 g grated mizithra
- 1 kg sugar
- Or cinnamon
- ¼ kg nutmeg
- ¼ κ γ carnation
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt Pepper
- Put olive oil in a saucepan and on a medium heat sauté the rooster pieces everywhere. Remove after they are well browned and place it on a plate on absorbent paper.
- In the same pot, sauté the onion, pepper and garlic and add the rooster pieces again. Add our spices and add the pulp and mix and let them taste for 2-3 minutes. Quench with wine, add the tomato, sugar and a little water, until the rooster is almost covered.
- Cover the pot and lower the heat and let the rooster simmer for 1 ½ - 2 hours until soft.
- While we wait for the rooster to boil, we boil our noodles. We can boil them with water, or with chicken broth or we can add a little water and broth from the boiling chicken and boil them. I would prefer to boil them with salted water.
- Spread them on the plate and serve the rooster with plenty of mizithra on top.