Needless to say, this dish…. Needless to say, whenever I serve it, not a barley is left! It is one of the dishes you eat and lick your fingers !!!
With the basic ingredients that in themselves have a strong taste, therefore we do not need to put a lot of vegetables to taste because it by itself has a divine taste.
- 1 chicken cut into portions or pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion cut into 4
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (I will grind half of it in the mixer)
- Σο wine glass white wine dry
- Or a kilo of fine barley
- 3-4 grains of allspice
- Salt Pepper
- Wash and dry the chicken very well. Put a little olive oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken all around.
- Add the onion to the garlic and sauté.
- Quench with wine, let the alcohol drain. Add the crushed tomato, spices and 4 glasses of water and let the chicken simmer for about 1 hour (until soft)
- Just before removing it, season with salt and pepper and remove the coarsely chopped onions and add the rest of the olive oil.
- Put the chicken and the barley in a pan and pour over the sauce. Our sauce should cover the barley. If it is not enough to cover it, add water (about 2 points above the barley)
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes at 170The in the resistors
- At 30-35 minutes, turn off the oven and let the barley absorb the remaining liquids on its own and melt.
Serve with grated cheese.