Winter dish, for your Sunday table, or for the holidays, or for a good occasion. The preparation can be done from the previous one so that the next one you only have the baking.
- 4 knuckles
- 6-8 potatoes cut
- 2 tablespoons garlic melted
- 2 oranges
- 1 kg mustard powder + 1 kg soft mustard
- 1 cup honey
- Fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- In a bowl I mix my herbs with the mustard the garlic the honey the juice of 1 orange. We take its zest and the rest we cut it into small pieces
- Then pierce the knuckles everywhere (except the skin on top) and spread the knuckle well everywhere. In each hole we have created in our guts we put a mixture. Close them in airtight bowls and leave them to marinate overnight.
- The next day we put them in a hull at 180The for 2:30 hours covered with a grease gun.
- While our guts are cooking, we prepare the rest of our ingredients. Cut the potatoes, add the mustard and salt and pepper, squeeze one orange after we have kept the zest. Cut the rest of the orange cup into chunks and throw it in with the potatoes.
- When the time has passed and our guts are almost ready, we open the oil paste and with a brush we spread the guts with their own juice that the hull has.
- Add the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients and mix with the liquids that the knuckle has taken out. Continue baking with the lid closed for half an hour and then open the lid and let them bake for another 10 minutes to get a caramelized color. Before serving, sprinkle each knuckle with orange zest.
- If you need liquids, add a little vegetable broth or water.
- The longer it sits in the marinade, the softer and tastier it will become with baking
- Great to add carrot and rosemary.
- Before putting it in the oven, it would be good to leave it out of the fridge for a while to get room temperature.
- We prefer baking with resistance because it is smoother and does not dry it.
- When we want to see if the meat is ready, we enter the thickest part of the meat with a skewer stick. The juice must come out from inside to be transparent. If it is pink, it wants a little more, if it is dry it means that it has already been overcooked.