Broad beans or Kyamos as they say in ancient times are an excellent legume, delicious, very sweet and nutritious. It has a high content of protein, carbohydrates, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, sodium, iron. It should not be consumed by people who are deficient in enzyme, because it causes hemolytic anemia and in many cases can cause death. Today we will make a recipe very popular with everyone, as my return from the village is rich in fresh beans and artichokes and lemons λλά .many lemons !!!. So what better than a fragrant delicious and healthy dish like this !!!
- 8 artichokes
- 500 -600 g broad beans fresh and cleaned from the eye or dry soaked from the previous day
- ½ ματ. Fresh onions
- 4-5 priests with bubbles (optional)
- 1 bunch of chopped fennel
- 1 chopped onion
- Juice from a juicy lemon
- Salt Pepper
- Olive oil
We start with the artichokes. We clean them and put them in water with lemon and salt so that they do not turn black.
We have cleaned the beans from the black eye. Chop our onions (and the popes if we have them) and sauté the onions with the beans in a casserole dish. Cut the artichokes into quarters if they are large or in the middle, and sauté them as well. Add hot water until it almost covers our ingredients, salt, pepper and salt and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. Then add the fennel, and the lemon juice, leave the pot open and continue cooking for another 10 minutes or so.
Serve with freshly chopped pepper and fennel.
- Papades are the fresh onions that have bloomed. They bring out a bubble, which one by one cooks is very sweet and delicious. If you include it in the food, it sweetens it and makes it more delicious.
- If you want you can put in potatoes and carrots.