A wonderful meze that you will definitely love.
- 500 g beans cleaned fresh (or soak dry from the previous day)
- 1 rustic sausage cut into thick slices
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 3 ripe tomatoes or 1 pack of crushed tomatoes
- 1 matte spring onions
- 3-4 priests with their bubbles (optional)
- 1 match chopped fennel
- 1 sliced carrot
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
After we have removed the black eye from the beans, we take a casserole pot and pour a little olive oil. Saute the sausages. Then we remove them and keep them on a clean plate, and in the same oil we add our onions and poppies (optional), and then the beans, together with the carrots. Add the tomato and fill with liquids, season with salt and pepper and lower the eye and let it simmer for 30'-35 'minutes. Then add the fennel, and let it simmer for another ten minutes or so. Serve with olive oil and freshly chopped pepper.
- Papades are the fresh onions that have bloomed. They bring out a bubble, which one by one cooks is very sweet and delicious. If you include it in the food, it sweetens it and makes it more delicious
- A delicious variation that I usually make is BEANS WITH SAUSAGE IN THE GASTRA. Saute the sausages. Then I remove them and keep them on a clean plate, and in the same oil we add the onions and the papades (optional), and then the beans, together with the carrots. I add the tomato and fill it with liquids, we add salt and pepper and lower the eye and let it simmer for about 20'-30΄ minutes. Then I throw them in a hull in a preheated oven together with its liquids (if he wants I add a little) I add the fennel and cheese of our choice on top (feta or spicy, or smoked that I prefer). Leave in the oven for another 10'-15 'minutes until the cheese turns brown.
- A great combination is to add peppers.
- Try it instead of sausage with pork.