May, and the production of dad's beans has been harvested !!! I remember from a young age, to go secretly when he turned his back to get fresh beans to eat !!! my mom was shouting "go down, do not eat them and you will not get anything" !!! Πουυυυ εγώ….! But they are delicious. I got a small basket, and I went and picked it up. How much I enjoy this process in the village, picking the beans, then chopping fennel, taking out the onions, and picking the popes and at the end I get lemons from the lemon. Then I sit outside on the veranda and clean them, that more and more someone from the village will pass by and we will catch the conversation, and the conversation will almost always end in the memories, and in the old days. Then, with the knife very carefully, I take the black eye out of the beans, and enter the kitchen….
- 500 g broad beans freshly cleaned (and from the eye) or dry soaked from the previous day
- 1 matte chopped fennel
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 matte spring onions
- 3-4 priests with bubbles (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- Juice from a juicy lemon
- Put a little olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions and popes (optional).
- Then add the beans and sauté them lightly, along with the potatoes. Add boiling water and season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about half an hour.
- Then add the lemon juice and fennel and simmer for another ten minutes or so.
Serve with freshly ground pepper and a little fresh olive oil on top.
- Papades are the fresh onions that have bloomed. They bring out a bubble, which one by one cooks is very sweet and delicious. If you include it in the food, it sweetens it and makes it more delicious.