Cookies that have the characteristic aroma of fresh butter and orange and mastic, as well as the shape of a boat.
- 500 g of fresh butter
- 380 g powdered sugar
- 100 g of orange juice
- 1400 g flour + as much as it takes to shape
- 35 g baking powder
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 kg Chios mastic powder
- Grate 2 whole oranges
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks for spreading.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Then add the eggs, the bacon, the orange juice, the Chios mastic, the brandy, and the zest. Then, after we have sifted the flour, we throw it in the porridge and shape it until it becomes an elastic fluffy dough.
- Make the shape of the buns on boats (their characteristic shape) and place them in oil paste. Beat the yolks and spread on top.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180The degrees Celsius until golden brown.