Wonderfully fluffy, delicious and very easy buns from Thessaloniki, to make them and accompany them with feta cheese, cheese, or even turkey, with butter and whatever taste our imagination puts. Our recipe comes from Thessaloniki, from an excellent carpenter that I love very much. It has 3-4 steps, that if you follow them the buns become so easy that you will want to make them every day !!!! For the children for school, for work, for breakfast and and and….
- 240 g flour possible
- 240ng soft flour
- 300 g sesame
- 10 g salt
- 30 g sugar
- 280 g of water
- 20 g of sunflower oil
- 40 g tahini
- 12 g fresh yeast (or 1 sachet dry)
I throw all our ingredients in the bucket (all together… easy eh?) Knead it until the dough is layered (it comes off the bucket and does not stick to our hands) Once it is ready we put it on our counter, shape it a little ( It should be an elastic fluffy dough). Cut it into 60 g balls and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
-We make sticks about 10-12 cm. In a bowl we put water and next to a plate with the sesame. With one hand we take the stick, we dip it in water, we shake it lightly to get rid of the lot of water and then we dip it in sesame. With the other hand, turn it everywhere and leave it next to a baking sheet to rest. We repeat the process for the rest.
Once we have prepared all our sticks, let them rest for about 10 minutes, and open our oven at 50The to be ready to bake our cookies. Once they rest we take our sticks, stretch them enough and create a ring. Join its ends (reassemble the ends).
-Place our cookies in the pan and bake them for 5 minutes or as long as we want fluffy. Thessaloniki buns are thin and crunchy. But if we want them more fluffy and inflatable, we leave them a little longer. Remove the pans from the oven and turn the oven to 200Thegrades. When the oven heats up, we put the pans with the buns in and bake them for about a quarter (depending on the performance of our oven).
- The dose will make you about 14 buns. Unless you want them fluffy or bigger.
- It does not contain butter and can be made during fasting periods
- When we "baptize" them in water with one hand we take the stick, we baptize it and we take it out and we place it on the plate with the sesame, and with the other hand we turn it and place it in the pan. In this way we do not confuse our hands, we always have our hands clean and we get rid of sesame seeds.
- You can make them into sticks a little closer and fluffier and add stuffing of your choice (turkey-cheese, guacamole, hazelnut praline, cheese salad, mayonnaise-tomato-cucumber, feta etc)
- You can also make them and freeze them before baking. So when you need them they are ready at your disposal
My George, thank you very much for everything !!!!