Christmas are coming! And we prepare the house στο we decorate it… and of course the plates with the sweets will be in a prominent position!
And here… we reach the point where every Greek house has its little battle every year. Kourabies or melomakarona? For me, however, from a little… kourabies! So let's make the most fluffy, wonderful, with whole almond inside chocolate chip cookies !!!!!!
- 950 g flour for all uses
- 500 g of fresh butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 vanilla
- 250 g powdered sugar
- half a shot of brandy
- 200 g peeled almond
- flower water for spraying at the end
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Before we start our preparation, we take out the butter to get room temperature.
Sift the flour to make it fluffier and so that the flour does not have knots.
Also if we do not have ready peeled almonds we can boil them for 2-3 minutes and then easily clean them by peeling them, and let them dry well.
- Put the butter in a mixer and beat it very well at high speed until fluffy. Then add the icing sugar, vanilla, egg yolk, brandy. Beat them very well until they are homogenous and then add the flour. The dough that will be created will be like crumbs, soft, and should not stick to our hands.
- Take a small amount of dough and add the almond in the middle. We close it and make it into a ball and put it on the sheet metal. Before we bake them, we press them on top to get a shape like a small disk.
- Bake them at 180 on the second step in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes (until they get a light golden color).
Caution!!! Do not bake them more, because they will get a light brown color and will become dry like cookies!
- Once we take them out of the oven, as they are hot, we place them on the grill and sprinkle them with flower water. We do this process when they come out of the oven because you easily evaporate the liquid that we pour and you are left with the flower. Once they cool very well, sprinkle them with plenty of powder
You can finally now enjoy the chocolate chip cookies with whole almond !!!!!!!!!