Wonderful delicious vegetable pies for our snack, for our appetizer, for the children, the school, the office and wherever your mind goes.
The greens we will put are depending on our taste, the season and the place. We classify them into 5 categories
In sweets: bruves, zohoi, nettles, vlita, celery, spinach, kakalithres
In pickles: portulaca, sourdough, vines
In the spicy: arugula, black bruves
Bitter: radishes, endives, dandelions
Aromatic: dill, fennel, mint, fresh oregano, parsley, etc.
To make a balanced taste of vegetable pie we must use
40% mixture of sweet herbs
10% a special category (sour or bitter or spicy)
20% onion, spring onion, leek.
For the stuffing
- 1 - 1 ½ kilo of spinach or other greens of our choice
- Or olive oil Grelia
- 1 chopped onion
- Or chopped leeks
- A little mint
- Salt Pepper
For our dough (For 20-25 pies)
- 1 ½ κ ολεύρι γοχ
- 1 shot of olive oil
- ½ κ γ αλατι
- 1 shot of tsikoudia
- Water as much as it comes out of our hands
- In a bowl, mix all our ingredients and knead well. Allow 2 hours to rest.
- Then we open a leaf ½ cm and with a cutter or a small hoop or with a saucer of tea, we cut round.
- After we have cleaned and washed our greens, we cut them into pieces. Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the leek with the onion. We throw our greens and wither them. Add salt and pepper and mint. Stir to get our ingredients everywhere and put our mixture in a colander to remove any liquids.
- Take the leaves where we have cut them in a round shape and place the filling inside.
- Close it very well and fry it, turning it on both sides, or you can spread it with egg and sprinkle it with sesame seeds and bake them in the oven at 180The points for 15΄-20΄ minutes.