A classic traditional dessert with kadaifi leaf, cheese, and plenty of pistachio. The cheese they use is peyniri. Eat it hot, plain or with a scoop of ice cream on top.
- 500 gr kadaifi leaf
- 150 g melted cow butter
- 200 g mozzarella
- 200 g cream cheese
- 300 g sugar
- 200 g of water
- ½ κ γ mastic of Chios grated
- Or lemon
- 200 g grated pistachio
- We start with the syrup. Add the water, the sugar, half a lemon and the Chios mastic and let it boil. Turn it off and set it aside to cool.
- Open the leaf and cut the kadaifi with scissors or a knife into pieces. Put 2 g of grated pistachio in the kadaifi and mix.
- Mix the two cheeses very well.
- We open at 170The Celsius the oven in the air to be preheated
- We take our pan and grease the bottom with butter. Then put a quantity of butter with the brush and sprinkle the bottom with Aegina pistachio. Lay a kadaifi leaf on the bottom, press it well by hand to get the shape of the pan. Then pour butter with a brush on the sheet, and sprinkle with pistachio. Spread the cheese and repeat the process with the sheet.
- Press very well on the sheet, sprinkle with butter, and sprinkle again with pistachio. Bake for about half an hour, until golden brown.
- Once cooked, take it out of the oven and syrup our pan as it is hot, with the cold syrup.
- Serve hot with sprinkled pistachio.
- The recipe is for 2 pans of 22 cm.
- You can make Kiunefe without baking it, and put it in the freezer. When you need it, continue the process.