Cabbage stuffed with rich vegetables and rice. A dish for those who are fasting, or for vegetarians or vegans. A dish full of health, economical, and very very tasty.
- 1 medium fluffy cabbage
- 1 small green pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 small red pepper cut into small pieces
- 1small pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 small carrot cut into small pieces
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2-3 small zucchini or 1 large cut small zucchini
- 2-3 small mushrooms cut into small pieces
- 2-3 small fresh onions cut into small pieces
- 1 leek (white only) cut into small pieces
- 1 tomato (scalded, peeled, without seeds) cut into small pieces
- Or olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt, freshly chopped pepper
- Or cup Carolina rice
- With a sharp knife, cut and remove the stalk at the base of the cabbage so that it presses firmly. Then cut and open the lid from above.
- Carefully empty the contents of the cabbage with the help of a small knife or a spoon. Leave the walls to a thickness of about 2 cm.
- Finely chop the remaining cabbage.
- In a saucepan pour a little olive oil and wipe the onion, fresh and dried leeks. Continue pouring the remaining ingredients together with half the cabbage (which we took out from the inside) and mix lightly.
- Fill with water and let it boil for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add our rice and add salt and pepper and water if necessary.
- We take the cabbage and fill it after we have seasoned it with salt and pepper.
- In a deep saucepan, add the other half of the cabbage that we have taken from the inside to the bottom.
- Place the cabbage and fill with water until about halfway through. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for about 3 quarters (until the cabbage is soft)
- When it is ready, remove it carefully and let it cool down a bit and tighten it (because it is still boiling inside and if you cut it it will dissolve).
With the zucchini left in the pot you can make a light sauce to accompany your dish.
For the sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup seed oil
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 2 glasses of cabbage broth
- Salt and pepper
- A little dill chopped
In a small saucepan (milk jug) heat a little olive oil along with a little seed oil. Add the flour and leave it to cook for 2 minutes and stir constantly. Add the remaining cabbage broth and stir vigorously. Once it sets, add the salt and pepper and check if it wants more lemon.
Sprinkle at the end with a little dill.
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.