Aromatic winter liqueur, where we can flavor it with any spice we like (cinnamon or star anise or clove etc)
Our materials are as follows
- 10 large organic whole oranges
- 500 g of water
- 500 g sugar
- 650 g of tsipouro or vodka
- 1 cinnamon stick
- After thoroughly washing our oranges with a peeler we take the orange part up. We take care to take only the peel and not the white part of the orange because it will make us sad. (the white part if we want we keep it for sweet orange)
- Place the peels in a jar with the tsipouro or vodka and the cinnamon stick for about 10 days.
- After 10 days, put the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil until the sugar has melted.
- Leave to cool and strain the tsipouro with the peels in a tulip or double tulle.
- Incorporate the liquids and mix.
- Place it in a jar.
We enjoy it plain or with crushed ice with a side dish or after a good meal!