A dish that comes to remind us of the flavors of Thrace combining traditional trahana with sausage and cabbage. Winter dish, which with the accompaniment of wine takes the taste to the next level.
The materials we will need are the following:
- 2 sausages cut into thick slices
- 1/2 coarsely chopped cabbage
- 250 gr trachana wheat dessert
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 shot of white wine
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chopped tomato
- salt, pepper, thyme
- grated feta to be served on the plate
- Take the sausages and sauté in a saucepan. We do not add oil because the sausages will remove their fat.
- After they are well sautéed, add the onion, then the cabbage and sauté them lightly. Add the chopped garlic and the tomato and quench with the white wine.
- Add the trachana and let it boil on low heat.
- Before the end, add salt, plenty of pepper (as long as we can stand) and thyme.
- Remove from the heat and let the flavors homogenize for a while.
Serve with grated feta