I do not need an introduction to say something I think about donuts…
We can fix them all the time and there will never be one… there will always be a complaint because they are finished !!!!
- 280 g of water
- 200 g flour that swells on its own
- 1 sachet of dry yeast or 25 g of fresh
- ½ κ γ sugar
- ½ κ γ αλατι
- Seed oil for frying
For the syrup
- 250 lukewarm to warm water
- 220 sugar
- 1 cup lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 banana cut into pieces
- Nuts coarsely chopped
- Thyme honey
- Melted milk chocolate
- Ice cream
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast, flour and sugar and slowly add the water until it becomes a thick porridge for the donuts. Finally add the salt.
- We cover them and leave them in a warm place to swell our porridge.
- Heat the seed oil in a saucepan (or milk jug).
- Wet our hands lightly and with the left hand we take a quantity of porridge, and with the right we have a teaspoon in the hand we cut small balls of porridge and dip them in the seed oil.
- The teaspoon must be wet, so next to us we have a glass of water to dip it in each ball cut.
- Leave them for a few minutes until they turn brown.
- Once they are ready, take them with a slotted spoon and drain them on absorbent paper.
- Serve them hot either with our syrup, or with thyme honey, cinnamon and crushed walnuts, or with chocolate and grated walnuts or with banana pieces. No matter how we serve them, I'm sure there will not be a single ball left.
Stuffed donuts can be made with various fruits of the season. That is, peaches, apricots, grapes, etc. Here I put some fruits of my choice εν
- 1 banana
- 1-2 slices of canned pineapple
- Or sour apple
- Or apple
- 1 dose of porridge for donuts
We take our fruits and after we have washed and peeled them, we cut them into small pieces.
After the porridge swells, I dip the fruit inside and with a spoon as we cut the donuts, we take porridge and fruit inside and dip it in the seed oil.
Once they turn brown, carefully remove them and place them on an absorbent paper. Serve them with a scoop of ice cream on top of honey and walnuts and sprinkle with cinnamon.