We all know how healthy legumes are. Our Greece, a blessed country, produces a wide variety of legumes that, let us not forget, have been a staple meal since antiquity until today, which is a staple meal for fanatical and vegan groups of people due to their rich protein.
Main food for the Spartans who, disciplined and austere, needed energy and strength for the battles. Together with the legumes, they combined their meal with olives, cheese, black broth (Pork broth with its blood and salt), figs, and wine.
"Meat of the poor" is now a recognized nutritious food that you find at the base of our food pyramid and are among the macrobiotic foods.
They are delicious and in addition to soups and oven, they can be made into wonderful salads, appetizers, and to accompany our dishes and make them stand out.
A great source of iron as well as fiber are the main diet in dietary groups. They contain carbohydrates vitamins A, C, B, calcium, phosphorus. They are also low in fat and salt, as well as low in glycemic index. Shield from various types of cancer due to the high content of antioxidants.
They give strength and shine to the hair, as well as help in the anti-aging of the skin.
But what happens when you present them on the table and the children ε disappear? You asked me how we can include legumes in their menu In order for legumes to learn, they must first become familiar with the taste. And here we have the solution. The wonderful legume with the variety, whose taste is a combination of many legumes. All the valuable ingredients, in combination with the spaghetti that the children love so much. Why try !!!
- 500 g spaghetti of your choice
- 250 g of legumes
- 1 chopped leek
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped green pepper
- Or carrot passed in the grater in the small hole
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 80 g olive oil
- ¼ ματ. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt Pepper
- In a saucepan, boil our legumes with the bay leaf. When it is ready, keep 2-3 tablespoons of legumes, a glass of legume broth, and pass the rest very lightly through the blender.
- Boil our spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Then sauté the onion, leek, peppers, carrot and garlic in a clean pan. then add the mashed legumes, sauté it lightly, add the broth we kept, our spices and simmer until the sauce is slightly creamy. Add the legumes we kept. Our sauce is ready.
- we throw the first boiling water of our legumes, and then while any foams are boiling, we skim them.
-If the kids do not want to see the legumes at all, we just do not keep uncut. We mash them all.
-you can add tomatoes, to fool them more in the taste if they are so difficult.