Mandi is a recipe that comes to us from Asia Minor and the Pontians. The roots ..Armenian, Turkish, Pontic Russian, Middle Eastern, but also Chinese, since they look like dumplings. We can not but add the Italian ravioli.
Throughout Greece I have come across them with various variations, all of which are always very tasty.
Here we will see a basic recipe adapted for all of us.
For the dough:
- 500 g flour
- 150 g of lukewarm water
- 2 eggs
- ½ κ γ αλατι
- For the stuffing
- 500 g ground beef (or 300 beef and 200
- 1 large dried onion passed in the grater
- ½ κ γ αλατι
- ½ κ γ πιπερι
For the sauce
- 1 cup of cow yogurt
- 1 tbsp melted garlic
- A little dry mint
- I k s cow butter
- Start with the dough. Mix the eggs with the salt and slowly add the flour. Add the water and continue with the rest of the flour. Our dough must be pliable. Let it rest and continue making the filling.
- Saute the minced meat in a saucepan until all the pellets are broken and there is no rose color in the meat. Then add the onion with its liquids and salt and pepper and let it simmer until its liquids are completely saved.
- We start and open our sheet. Our leaves should become thin.
- Then cut them into small squares, and add a very, very small amount of minced meat.
- Then fold in the dough and close from one side to the other, the edges, and then the opposite sides in the same way. This will form a small pouch
- Then in boiling water with a little salt we throw our pouches and boil them for 6-8 minutes.
- While they are boiling, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, beat our yogurt with the garlic and add the dried mint. We take some water from the water that boils our mantis and dilute our yogurt
- Then in a frying pan we put our cow butter with a little boukovo. We boil it, and we will see that our butter will turn red.
- Once our mantis come out as they are hot, we spread them on the plate, and we pour the yogurt and the melted butter on top.
- Sprinkle our dish with grated mint.
-a very tasty variation that we will see is the manti supista. That is, instead of boiling them in water, we boil them in broth and serve them in a deep dish with broth. Wonderful delicious !!!!!!!!!!!