Wonderful lemon jam, with all the aroma of lemon for your bread, for your sweets, in your ice cream or yogurt or even on cakes, pasta Flora etc
- 1 kg of organic whole lemons
- 900 g sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger grated on a fine grater
- 1 liter of water
- After we thoroughly wash the lemons with a peeler (peeler) we remove the yellow peel from our lemons (see with the lemon peel you can make a wonderful sweet lemon !!)
- Then we fillet our lemons and take only the flesh (we keep the excess membranes and stones to one side).
- We put the lemon fillets in our pot with our water to boil together and the leftovers in a tulip (handkerchief or other thin cloth).
- Boil over medium to high heat for about half an hour. Then, after half an egg, remove the tulip from the pot and leave it to cool for 10 minutes. While we wait for it to cool with a hand blender, mash our lemons in the pot. We take the tulip after it has cooled down a bit (be careful not to burn it) and we press it with our hands to get all the pulp out. This pulp has the pectin (jelly) that will help make our jam delicate. Add the pulp with the sugar and the ginger to the pot, and boil for about half an hour again on a medium heat. While it is boiling, stir often and skim.
- To see if our jam is in the right place, check it with the upside down of a ladle. When we dip the spoon in our jam from the upside down and a thick layer remains, it has set. If not, continue to boil it for another 5-10 minutes.
- Place our jam in sterile jars and place them upside down until completely cooled
We keep the jars in the cupboard, like the spoon sweets. If we open them, we keep them in the refrigerator.