Delicious dolmadas, different from the ones we are used to… with a wonderful taste of the seafood that you will love!
- 2 large lettuces
- 1 cup quinoa half boiled
- 750 g of seafood mix
- 3-4 chopped fresh onions
- 2 dried onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Juice of 2 juicy lemons
- 750 g of vegetable broth
- Grate a lemon
- olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- Or a bunch of dill
- Or fennel
- Boil our lettuces. Be careful, they are not like the vine leaves, they just want a dip and get out of the water because they are tender. Once we take them out, we spread them in a basin all around.
- In a pot of boiling water, boil our lettuces for half a minute and spread them in a bowl stretched around to drain.
- Saute the onions in a saucepan, then the garlic, the rice and then add our seafood except the mussels.
- Remove from the heat, add the quinoa, dill and fennel and our mussels, and the zest and salt and pepper.
- We take our lettuces, cut the stalk (all the hard part of the lettuce) and place it in the pot at the bottom.
- With a teaspoon add the filling to the lettuce leaf, and wrap it first from the bottom to close the filling, and then from the sides. Then wrap the rest. Place it in the pot.
- Continue until the filling is finished. Add a plate on top for weight and vegetable broth and lemon juice, just enough to cover our lettuce and the dish. Simmer for about half an hour.
- Serve them with yogurt sauce with mastic and with dill or fennel.
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.