Traditional dish that I have encountered in villages of the continent. Delicious meal, which fills you with energy from the rich protein that beans have as well as iron, potassium, folic acid, protect the heart, eye health, bones, skin from their rich antioxidant action and acts against lung cancer. In combination with spinach which is a food - dynamite - for our body, we can say that this dish is one of our top food choices for our family.
- 500 g black-eyed puffed beans from the previous day
- 1 kg washed coarsely chopped spinach
- Or matte coarse-grained kaukalithres
- Or chopped dill
- Or olive oil
- 1 κ σ πελτές
- 2 dried onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 chopped fresh onions
- Juice from a juicy lemon
- 2 ripe tomatoes grated or ½ tsp. crushed tomato
- Salt Pepper
- We start boiling the beans. We throw the first water. Saute the onions in a saucepan, add the beans and let them sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then I add the pulp, the kavkalithra and let them simmer for about 20 minutes. Then I add the tomato and the spinach and continue cooking.
- Just before the end I add salt and pepper, dill, and a little lemon juice and olive oil which we have heated enough in a pan.
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.