A recipe that we find in my homeland during the summer months and not only in it. I have met her all over Greece with interesting variations, with local spices and local touches. But the base is one, and the pleasure is manorial! Delicious meze to accompany your wine but also a delicious summer meal and easy!
- 2 aubergine flasks cut into small pieces
- 1 green pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 chopped onion
- 200 g grated feta
- 4-5 eggs
- 2 ripe tomatoes cut into small pieces
- Salt, pepper, oregano, a little sugar
- Put the aubergines in a bowl with a little salt to make them stand out (cut into small pieces). While we wait for our aubergines, we prepare the rest of our ingredients. Drain our aubergines well and put them on absorbent paper to dry from the water.
- Add olive oil to a pan and as soon as it heats up, add the aubergines and fry them. Add the onion, peppers and finally the tomato with a pinch of sugar.
- Let the ingredients and flavors boil and homogenize.
- Then we add our eggs which we have beaten well. We lower the eye and let the egg thicken with the rest of our ingredients.
- Add grated slices, freshly chopped pepper and oregano.
Serve it with fresh pre-baked bread and wine
The wonderful vegetables that were used for the recipe are from the company Karantinos SA.