Easy fast and delicious food, summer, Mediterranean, mamadisio, filling, which we find all over Greece with small variations. Enjoy it with hot pre-baked bread, with wine, and if it is not a period of fasting with plenty of slices towards the end of cooking.
- 6 eggplant flasks
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 crushed tomatoes or 5-6 ripe tomatoes passed in the grater
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4-5 grains of allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- Or cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Or chopped parsley
- 100 g grated feta (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- Wash and cut the aubergines into thick slices. We put them in salt water to make them stand out.
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion, garlic, add the tomato, allspice, cinnamon and bay leaves and let our sauce simmer.
- Meanwhile, take the aubergines out of the water, drain them very well and fry them in olive oil. Once they come out of the frying, place them in a colander and sprinkle with sugar.
- Then remove the spice and bay leaves and cinnamon from the sauce, add the eggplants, season with salt and pepper and shake the food from the handles of the pot.
- Simmer our food for about half an hour. We pay attention to the liquids of our food. If necessary, add a little water. 2-3 minutes before we take out our food, we add the parsley and optionally the grated feta.
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.