One of the most delicious summer lentils, which we prefer more cold than hot, with plenty of zucchini from the tomato and feta for large dives with bread!
- 4 bottled eggplants cut into chunks
- 2 large dried onions cut into thick slices
- 3 ripe tomatoes cut into thick frames
- Or hot pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Or a bunch of parsley coarsely chopped
- A little fresh basil chopped
- Salt pepper thyme oregano
- Olive oil
- 300 g goat feta
- We prepare our aubergines. Cut them into chunks, and put them in water with a little salt for half an egg to make them stand out.
- While we wait for the aubergines, we prepare the rest of our ingredients (the onion, the tomato etc)
- When the time has passed, take the aubergines out of the water and squeeze them so that the water leaves and place them on absorbent paper.
- Place olive oil in a pan and as soon as it reaches a high temperature we put our eggplants inside until they turn brown. Caution! we do not overfill our pan because the temperature will drop and instead of being fried, they will boil! (we do not want this, because it will pull a lot of oil and they will become more "heavy".
- Once fried, place them in a colander (to remove the excess olive oil)
- In a deep frying pan or a saucepan, sauté the onion, then the garlic and then add the tomato. I add the herbs and the salt and pepper and let them simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Put the aubergines in a pan and pour the sauce on top.
- I break the feta into chunks and sprinkle it on top.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven at 180The for 20-30 minutes until the feta gets colored and melts.
- Serve with crushed feta cheese and parsley
Have fun !!!!
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.