A classic dish, very tasty that we include in all our tables… daily, Sunday, festive. We love it and wait for it with the fresh bread in our hands to dip its sauce and taste this ultimate summer dish.
- 6-7 aubergines, peeled in coarse salt and cut into chunks
- 7-8 peppers (red and green horns) cut into chunks
- 5 sliced garlic cloves
- 2 onions cut into small pieces
- 5 tomatoes grated without the skin
- 1 κ σ πελτές
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, boukovo, smoked paprika, oregano
- We start first with the aubergines. Cut them into chunks and put them in water with coarse salt to make them stand out. Then drain well.
- In a deep pan sauté the onions, the pulp, the garlic and add the tomato and thyme
- Let it simmer for half an hour so that the many liquids of the tomato leave. We pull it aside.
- In a shallow pan put a little olive oil and sauté the aubergines around each side. Then transfer them to absorbent paper. Continue with the peppers.
- Preheat your oven to 180The
- Put the aubergines in a pyrex and season them with salt and pepper and add a little oregano, a little thyme and smoked paprika and boukovo
- Continue with the peppers the same. Then again a layer of eggplants and repeat.
- At the end we pour our sauce, and we shake the pyrex so that the sauce goes everywhere.
- Bake for 3 quarters in the oven until our vegetables are melted.
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.