Are you a fan of melomakaronos? Do you also love chocolate? So here I have the most beautiful recipe for wonderful chocolate melomakarona.
- 1 kg of flour
- 250 g of seed oil
- 250 g of olive oil
- 50 gr brandy
- 180 g of orange juice
- 200 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- on the nose nutmeg
- zest of 2 oranges
- 250 g walnuts
For the syrup
- 500 g sugar
- 500 g of water
- 500 g thyme honey
- 1 peel of a lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cloves (clove)
For the coating
- 250 gr couverture
- 250 gr white chocolate
- 250 g milk chocolate
- Walnuts whole and grated
- Sift our flour and add the baking powder.
- In another bowl we put all the liquids, ie the seed oil, the olive oil, the orange juice in which we have melted the soda. Add the sugar and mix very well to melt the sugar (to make our dough fluffier and not weigh it down).
- Once melted, slowly add our flour with the baking powder. At the beginning with the egg beater, and at the end with our hands. At this point we must say that the mixing is done with light movements and as little as possible. Do not knead it for a long time, as soon as you add all the flour in 4΄-5 mixing movements. The more you knead the dough, the tighter it will be.
- Our dough should have become like soft plasticine and be oily. Let it rest for about 20 minutes covered with a film. During this time the aromas and flavors will be incorporated.
- We start making our melomakarona. We have a bowl with us in which we have put the nuts.
- We take a small amount of dough and put it in our handful, we press it a little to make a small tray. We take a piece of nut, place it in the center, and then close the nut all around. It has become a small disk. We place it on the sheet metal. Continue until the dough is finished to make delicious melomakarona bites (around 20-25 gr) When a plate is finished we take a fork and pierce them slightly on top. This will help them absorb the syrup more easily. Put the plate in the oven at 160 degrees in the air for about 20 minutes. Only one sheet at a time. We will understand that they are ready when they are browned, and they come off the sheet metal.
- Let them cool well.
FOR THE SYRUP
- Put all our ingredients in the pot and let it boil. When it boils, it will foam. We lower the eye to simmer. We skim our syrup and start the syrup.
- We dip a little at a time to control the syrup. Depending on the size, we leave the melomakarono. Here we showed them snacks, 15 seconds is enough. Once you take them out, put them on the grill and leave them to cool. We divide our melomakarona into three parts
- Heat in a baking pan or in a microwave oven if we have our chocolates separately.
- As it is on the grill, with a teaspoon we take the chocolate and pour it on the melomakarono. After doing the same in 5-7 melomakarona, lift the grill slightly and shake it up and down so that the chocolate is spread everywhere and correctly. Place the grated or whole walnut. Repeat the process for the other chocolates.
- In the white chocolate you can add couverture lines with a teaspoon or sprinkle pistachio. When you are done, put the grill with the melomakarona in the fridge and leave them until they cool well.
Then you place them on plates and always covered when they are decorated in our living room.
You can enjoy (If you have not already done so) your melomakarono with the stuffed walnut and rich in chocolate !!!!
Have fun !!
I want the syrup hot and the melomakarona cold to melt properly, and not too syrupy. Besides, the chocolate will be on top, so that they are not too sweet and they are scarce.
- If you still like them very much in syrup, you can make the opposite, that is, cold syrup and as soon as they come out hot from the oven, you dip them inside.
-when we melt our chocolate in the ben marie, we are careful not to let a drop of water in.