Today we will make a pie with apples that we will grate, and they will become like jam, velvety and honeyed. Yes, because we will honey them, and it will be a delicious filling with walnuts, almonds and peanuts.
For the stuffing
- 800 g grated apples
- 30 g of honey
- 180 g of water
- 1 kg cinnamon
- ¼ κ γ clove powder
- 150 g almonds-walnuts-pistachio
- Zest of one orange
For the base
- 1 pack of self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 g butter
- 180 g of orange juice and zest
- 200 g sugar
- Grate the apples, put them in a saucepan with the honey, and let them simmer until all the liquid is gone. (they will be made like jam). Then let the filling cool. While waiting for it to cool in a mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Then add the sifted flour, salt, and the grated juice.
- Let our dough rest in the fridge.
- We take our apple and add in the cinnamon, the clove and the nuts. Stir to incorporate. Take a pan, butter it, and flour it. Spread the very soft dough on our base (keep a small part-optionally- of the dough), and pour the filling on top. We take our dough, the little we kept, we add a little flour and we shape it in whatever shape we want to decorate our pita (stars, hearts, or even cross stripes, etc.). Bake in a preheated oven at 180The until our dough gets a golden brown color.
-You can also add raisins to the apple. Personally, I chopped my favorite dried figs from our Kimi.