A wonderful fragrant delicious dish, easy where you can serve it plain or with rice, potatoes, puree, etc. For your Sunday meal, or for your festive table is a recipe where it will make you white-faced and everyone will be happy
- 700 g beef shoulder cut into pieces
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 700 g ripe tomatoes passed in the grater or 1 can of crushed
- 1 κ σ πελτέ
- 4 eggplant flasks
- 5 zucchini cut into large pieces
- 1 kg sugar
- ½ κ γ cinnamon
- 4-5 grains of allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 chili pepper
- Or a glass of red wine
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- We start with the aubergines. We cut them and put them in salted water.
- Saute the beef well in a saucepan to shield it. When the beef is ready, add the onions and continue sautéing.
- Then add the garlic and the pulp. Then quench with wine and add the crushed tomatoes and our herbs.
- Bring our food to a boil and lower the heat. If you need liquids, always add hot water (or beef broth) so that the boiling does not stop and the meat hardens. How much we will need to cook it depends on how soft our meat is.
- While our veal is simmering, we move our aubergines. Strain them and dab them with a clean towel to completely remove the liquids.
- In a pan add olive oil, and pour in half the eggplants and half the zucchini. Saute, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and soft. Take them out of the pan and place them in a colander or on absorbent paper.
- Repeat for the other aubergines and zucchini. When the meat is almost ready, remove the hot pepper and fill the aubergines with the zucchini.
- Let it simmer for 15-10 minutes with the lid open until our sauce and vegetables are melted.
- Serve hot with grated cheese