Who does not remember the wonderful bites from the barley with the sauce, which the whole family enjoyed and the mom swelled with pride? Who does not remember the meat melting and the cheese on top giving so much flavor that of course not a grain remained? Fluffy, steamy, that does not stick to become lapas, as we find it, but to feel the perfect juvette in your mouth, and to enjoy it. This is the juvette calf that we will make together today, and you will enjoy it with your family!
- 1,200 k beef cut into pieces (shoulder or olive or mouse)
- 500 gr thick barley
- Or olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic melted
- 2 carrots cut into small pieces
- 1 κ σ πελτέ
- 1 tablespoon fig or 1 tablespoon honey
- Or a glass of red wine
- 1 pack of crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-6 grains of allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Salt, freshly chopped pepper
- Dry mizithra or grated kefalotyri for serving
- Wash the pieces with our meat, and dab them with absorbent paper to dry.
- In a deep saucepan or a saucepan, pour a little olive oil and after it heats up, add the meat to get color on all sides (shield it). Then add the onion, garlic, pulp, rubbing it on the bottom of the saucepan and then mixing everything. materials.
- Then quench with the wine, wait a while for the alcohol to leave and add the fig petimezi or honey. Then add the crushed tomato, the carrot, about 1.5 liters of boiling water, (so that the boiling does not stop and the meat tightens) our spices (laurel, cinnamon, allspice, freshly chopped pepper)
- Once it boils, close the lid of the pot and let it boil for about 30 minutes. If we did not put it in the pot, let it simmer for about an hour.
- Pour a little olive oil in a saucepan, wait for it to heat and add the barley, stirring constantly.
- When it is well oiled, we throw it all in our hull.
- Then we empty the beef with its liquids in our hull, we add salt and we put it in a preheated oven at 180The points for half an egg and about.
- The ratio for barley is 1 to 3. Ie 1 part pasta, and 3 liquids.
- The utensil plays a big role during baking. So time deviates a bit. That is, the clay is different, the oven pan is different, the pyrex is different. Etc. I personally use a clay hull. In this case you must have preheated together with the oven and the hull before throwing your food, so that the temperature does not drop, and to continue boiling in the oven quickly.
- We should know that the juvette absorbs moisture even after we close the oven and take it out on the counter. That's why we close the oven 5 minutes earlier and let it slowly absorb the rest of its moisture to melt but also to remain puffy.
- With the same process you can make a juvenile goat that you become a dream…
- When we close the oven, sprinkle with grated cheese.